Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11, 2011 - The Unit Circle


Today in Pre-Cal we talked about The Unit Circle. A unit circle is a circle with a center at the origin and a radius of one unit The equation for this circle is x2 + y2 = 1

Ex:

An example of a unit circle is shown above and it consists of a circle placed onto a coordinate plain with an x-axis and y-axis. I placed a red dot where the line intersects with the circle and we call that point the terminal point and it is shown with this - P(0*).. (I do not know where to find the theta key so I used a zero and a * to represent theta). π


We also learned that P(o*) is equal to (x,y) but only if the radius is equal to 1, if the raduis is over the value of 1 then it is equal to (cos0*, sin0*)

One of the major things we learned today was figuring out how to figure out the value of x , y and also sin0*, cos0*, and tan0*. Now I will be going over an example of how we were taught to do so.




**always begin with creating a diagram of where the terminal point belong on the unit circle because this will help you with the question.** The red dot represents P(o*) = (x,9/41)
..and now to solve for tan0*..


Well classmates sorry if I wasn't a big help, to be honest I don't really know what to put in a blog I tried and I put a lot of work into this I hope it helps you enough to understand. Well see you guys in Pre-Cal on Monday second period i believe... Bye ! have a great weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment